One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well. – Virginia Woolf
Hi everyone! With Valentine’s day near, dessert comes to mind. Here is my quick recipe for Cafe Sua (Vietnamese Milk Coffee) Tiramisu. Impress with no baking and no fuss. Eggs are not required for this recipe. Please excuse my informal recipe post. I have not written many recipes to share in the past. Will work on some refinement for the future. Feel free to ask my any questions. Enjoy!
Cafe Sua (Vietnamese Milk Coffee) Tiramisu
Serves 6-8 (will vary) approximately 30 minutes from start to finish
1 cups freshly brewed cup of french drip coffee (Monde French Roast Chicory coffee), cooled
2 tablespoons of condensed milk (please do not use substitutions)
2 (8-ounce) containers mascarpone (room temperature)
14 ounces Savoiardi cookies (firm ladyfingers)
3/4 cup of whipping cream
2/3 cup powdered sugar
2 ounces Grand Marnier
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (for sifting)
1/4 cup shaved dark chocolate, to layer or garnish (I use sea salt dark chocolate)
Optional: Gold heart confetti (Purchased from Michael’s)
1. Brew coffee. While the coffee is still warm, add 2 tablespoons of condensed milk. Stir until dissolved and allow to cool in a shallow dish. Once cooled, stir in the Grand Marnier a little bit at a time (Please taste).
2. In a medium bowl, beat cream and sugar with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
3. Add the room temperature mascarpone cheese into the sugar and cream and mix carefully to maintain the fluffy consistency.
4. In another bowl quickly dip each side of the cookie in the warm coffee mixture. Lay each one flat onto a parchment paper, do not soak the cookies, as you still need it to retain its shape.
5. Choose a tall shot glass or cup or any type of vessel you would like to put the dessert in and start layering. First layer is the coffee- dipped cookies, then mascarpone mixture, chocolate shavings and repeat. Sift the top layer with unsweetened cocoa powder and more chocolate shavings. Top it off with gold heart confetti (optional).
6. Cover the tray with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight so that the flavors can marry and the tiramisu can settle.
7. Enjoy and romance away!
Tall shot glasses of mascarpone, lady fingers, dark chocolate sea salt shavings, Cafe Sua and Grand Marnier